7 Selfish tips that could save your Relationship.
1. Get to know your own selfishness. Challenge old beliefs; embrace new innovative concepts so that you are empowered by your Selfish Self. Selfish is being self-interested, so be interested in yourself.
2. Give yourself and your partner permission to truly be honest with your thoughts and feelings about what you and your partner’s selfish wants are in the relationship. Honor your partner for who they are. Don’t expect them to be like you or think like you, they are not you, but remember that they are important to you.
3. Never put down or criticize your partner for expressing what their own selfish desires, dreams and aspirations are. The Selfish Self in you would never want to hurt or harm anyone that you love and admire.
4. Acknowledge, admire and respect your partner’s importance and acknowledge that they are significant to you. You wouldn’t be accommodating your Selfish Self requirements if you were emotionally investing into a relationship and didn’t respect and admire the partner that you chose.
5. Remember that you don’t ‘need’ your partner to make you happy, so you shouldn’t expect that it is their duty to do so. Become empowered by nurturing and working towards achieving your own selfish desires and happiness.
6. Don’t depend on your partner to rescue you from your own fears and insecurities in the relationship. If you have personal issues that are causing problems in the relationship seek professional help. Don’t blame your partner for not being able to fix you and eliminate your problems.
7. Create a Selfish Self framework that you and your partner can work from. Share and discuss the new innovative philosophies and how you apply them into other areas of your life. And remember, when you see your partner living their Selfish Self dreams the rewards are mutual.
Share your comments!